Make a difference
- Volunteering gives you the opportunity to be a part of a community and world you want to live in and are proud of. You can have a direct impact on changing someone else’s life.
Become a part of a community
- Volunteering in the place where you live and work offers the unique experience to make a difference while getting a different perspective of the people who you consider your neighbors. Support families, support the youth, improve schools and beautify your community.
Strengthen your resume
- Volunteering looks great on any resume and can help you land that next dream job.
Increase your social network
- Volunteering connects you to people all over the world and is a great opportunity to work with people in different careers.
Learn new skills
- Volunteering not only helps you get out of your comfort zone, but also helps improve your teamwork, leadership, problem-solving and people skills.
- By making the bold choice to volunteer, you are now a leader and will motivate others around you to also give back.
Explore career and personal interests
- Working in the nonprofit sector is not only rewarding, but also a great way to discover new interests and skills that other careers do not provide.
Develop new friendships
- Meet others from all over the globe that also enjoy giving back and form relationships that can have a lasting impression on your life.
It is good for your health
- Studies have found that when you stop thinking about your own problems and focus on someone other than yourself, your stress levels decrease, and your overall sense of life happiness increase
- What more would someone want in life than a free opportunity to make a difference, form new friendships and inspire others.